TMS Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) center in orange county, CA is seeking a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner with knowledge of TMS. The Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMNNP) will provide outpatient psychiatric evaluation and medication management services at a psychiatric and TMS clinic. The PMHNP will work in collaboration with staff to coordinate patient care, assist with insurance pre-authorization (only if needed), and caseload management (only if needed).
- Responsible for providing psychiatric services to clients in a variety of clinical settings during scheduled hours.
- Scope of services includes outpatient psychiatric evaluations and medication management services.
- Assess, diagnose, and treat adults, and adolescents experiencing symptoms of behavioral health disorders.
- Prescribe, recommend, or discontinue drugs and treatments to treat mental, emotional, or behavioral disorders in accordance with the Collaborative Practice Agreement and the state’s Nurse Practice Act.
- Collaborate with counselors, social workers, or other treatment team members to coordinate client care.
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of medical records, including assessment, treatment plan, progress notes, outcome measures, and billing entries.
- Counsel clients during appointments, as necessary.
- Design/participate in the development of individualized treatment plans, incorporating best and leading practices into treatment interventions.
- Examine or order laboratory or diagnostic tests for clients to provide information on general physical condition and mental disorders.
- Collaborate with guardians, relatives, and significant others on client’s conditions and treatment when clinically appropriate.
- Prepare and submit assessments, progress notes, reports, and summaries to entities/agencies (funders, insurance companies, etc.) as required.
- Return calls and emails promptly (within 24 hours of receipt or sooner if clinically necessary).
- Respond to client emergencies and be accessible to ARBH’s 24/7 crisis clinicians.
- Responsible for making independent decisions based on protocols developed utilizing national guidelines for treatment interventions.
- Responsible for maintaining customer relations with all agency staff and clients.
- Records all services performed for accurate billing for services provided in compliance with all local, state and federal laws, as well as payor rules and regulations. Submits billing documents in a timely fashion.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Provides teaching and education to clinical staff, if requested.
- Follow all procedures and protocols as per ARBH policy, federal and state regulations, standard practice, and in accordance with the Collaborative Practice Agreement.
Minimum Required Education:
- Master’s or Doctorate Degree in Nursing with focus on Psychiatric nursing
- Graduation from a state-certified advanced practice program specializing in psychiatry/mental health
- Experience as a psychiatric provider
- Experience in telemedicine
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in delivering high-quality, client-centered care.
- Able to document and navigate EHR independently.
- Ability to maintain strict client confidentiality.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with individuals involved in all aspects of programming.
- Displaying courtesy, tact, consideration and discretion in all interactions with Provident team members, clients, school system staff and faculty, grantors, funders, regulators and members of the general public.
- Proficient computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work effectively on a multidisciplinary team.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general and professional documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Ability to foster teamwork; train and direct the work of team members and colleagues.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to work productively and make independent decisions.